Zyvoblog

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Enough Already!

I know that ABC's Monday Night Football intro was obscene, inappropriate and all that, but could we please let it go? This morning, 3 days after the offense, it still permeated the airwaves.

Let's see:

7am - I turn on Sportstalk980.com to listen to "Mike & Mike" and low and behold, they are still talking about it. Was it racist? Was it offensive? blah blah blah.

7:15am - Sick of hearing about this, I turn to Imus in the Morning. They are talking about it.

fast forward to 4pm. I leave work to shoot hoops (I was a BEAST today by the way!). Doc Walker is talking about how they went after TO to do the spot because he's black. They wouldn't ask Favre or Manning to do it. Blah, blah, blah.

Leaving my opponents strewn all over the court at 6pm, I get in and turn to the John Riggins show, hoping to hear some news about my beloved Skins. What are they talking about?

You guessed it! TO's acting abilities, how entertaining was the spot? How "over the line" was it?

So finally in disgust, I turn on my Kill Bill Soundtrack and listen to that the rest of the way home.

Don't get me wrong, ABC was way out of line and it was an obvious blunder, but could we please let it go and talk about the game on the field? Pretty Please!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home