Zyvoblog

Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Incredibles

I guess you can count me among the disappointed. No RotS trailer and then the movie itself was a somewhat of letdown too. Lots of action, but I didn't find it as humorous or lighthearted as other Pixar films. I thought the cast did a good job with what they had to work with, but I was just disappointed by how much this film lacked a lighthearted side. There was a lot of intense action and some rather tense moments, but very little on the other side to balance it out.

The violence in this film was also a disappointment. There was a lot of talk about killing and seeing people shoot at kids was kind of disturbing in a film that is supposed to be geared toward children. There were also a couple of deaths in the film that were a little to much for a disney film, IMO. (I won't get into too much detail as I don't want to spoil it for others).

Anyway, the production quality for Pixar films gets better with each one. The animation was simply amazing. The soundtrack was impressive. This film is truly a technical marvel.Unfortunately it just didn't do "it" for me.

3/5

As far as the Return of the Sith trailer goes, I was able to download it and watch it.

As my friend Dan says, "say what you will about the films themselves, the prequel trailers have been excellent." The RotS trailer was no exception! The trailer did a great job of tying the prequels to the original trilogy as Alec Guiness narrates through some ANH dialogue. I'm getting chills just thinking about it (am I a geek or what?).

I can't wait until May 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home